Sunday, June 17, 2012

Yes, soupcorse!

Quick update on what's been going on. 
Nothing. We went swimming a couple of times, visited a few abandoned villages and I've been cooking a lot but that's about it. Last night we visited a traditional Corsican family restaurant and all I've got to say is: wtf. Milk had the Corsican menu and I had the seafood one and talk about great value for money, I mean the soup course was huge, you get a giant bowl and I tell you O brothers, I had 5 servings of fish soup until I couldn't eat more and I still didn't finish it. Milk had the soup Corse and the rest of mine. The other highlight was my dessert, cause that was the first time Milk wanted to trade with me, that's how awesome it was, something called Castagnolu, huuuge thing, it was some sort of mousse dripping in some sort of honey but damn it had this lingering taste of alcohol pfff, so not easy to explain so I just took a picture of it, and the soup which I now present to you. 


Next quick update: beaches. Coming soon. (As soon as we get back from them)
Corsican word of the day: Grazzie (Thank you, not so sure actually... this website says its Corsican but I've never heard it before and it just looks plain Italian)

No comments: