Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Rainy day in Corte

I met some Corsicans today. 

Well, the hell am I saying, I meet Corsicans everyday, but today pffff, it was the first time I met A Corsican... girl. 
And other than scandalous when drunk, I always thought of Corsican girls as quite shy and introverted. Patriotic, of course, but still a bit timid to say the least. Did I say scandalous when drunk? I meant scandalous when not appearing shy. Hard to read, these girls they are. 

There I was hiding under the rain talking to a Spanish girl from my class, when this tall blonde girl comes over trying to mimic our spanish, the bitch I thought, but then she talked to us in her French and said, dudes, excuse me but I would love to speak in Spanish and so far I can say 'I'm pregnant' and 'I love goats' or something like that. But she could actually speak English, Italian, French and Corsican. She did try to say 'I speak a little Chinese too', but when I said 'Alright, let's speak in Chinese', she backed down. Blame her I do not. 

It's like a speech aid here: 'I speak Chinese'... like saying 'Well, I might not be able to speak my own mother tongue correctly, but I can still go chinchin chun chun chang chang', which I find extremely offensive but well... they're 'french'. Corsicans don't really do that, as far as I can tell. 

But this was the first time I actually met a Corsican who was open to other languages and who could speak them, even if it were just words, I felt genuinely happy. For them, can I say that? I'd been trying to meet TEH real Corsicans, all about Corsica of course, but who'd keep an open mind and who'd be keen on learning from other cultures. It's what I originally thought of Corsicans and until today I hadn't found. 

I would have hated to have been proven wrong. (Grammar ok?)

I did leave them there,  two words after that, since I have better things to, all locked up at the apartment with my candle and my charcoals. Fifty thousand miles from home. Which home? Only time will tell. Though I have to say, China misses me tons. TONS. 

Drifting off again... About that little roof I was hiding under, I left, but I left with a better image of Corsican girls. Not squares. Gorgeous in very physical sense of the word, smart and curious. Extroverted. Outspoken. Patriotic, but in a good way. And I walked away thinking 'If there were more girls like this in the world, with their looks and their island and their height and their exclusiveness and as approachable as this girl was, the rest of us would be out of business in a fortnight.' 

Fortnight, what a funny word.  

Though I bet she didn't have the best taste in music. One has to find the flaws on perfect people, otherwise it's just cruel to oneself. I still gotta say, I found a perfect female specimen and she is Corsican. Ask me her name or address, I've no clue. I knows do not. But damn it if it doesn't make you think about human perfection. Do not get me wrong, I've seen plenty of 'French' women who want to make you retire and open a bakery. But this one, just because she was Corsican, she was towering above the rest. 

Unlike Alizee, damn that vulgar hoe. Yuck. YUCK I said. 

Just FYI, teh Corsican girl, she wasn't wearing 'screw me' shorts. Respect.  


No comments: