Wednesday, February 02, 2011

February 2nd, 2011
Shanghai, China

Happy Chinese new year, or Spring Festival.
It's strangely quiet this cold February afternoon, everything's closed, there's no people on the streets, everybody's home with their families celebrating the beginning of the rabbit year, my year as it turns out.

No fireworks tho. It's as if they're hiding in the dark in someone's surprise party and preparing themselves for the time to jump out and yell happy birthday. Only they're really good at hiding here.

Shanghai is dead at the moment, just like what the last couple of seconds before an earthquake feels like.

I think I hear some fireworks in the distance, only really far, I can hear them because it's so quiet around here. I wish they would start already.

Milk and I are watching horror movies tonight. Zombie, Sleepaway Camp, probably some other weirdness like that. He wants to watch The Stuff but we won't find it on the internet. I'm cooking spaghetti. This is how I will spend the first day of my third rabbit year.

I'm 24 this year, hoo.


Chinese word of the day:
鸡巴 (Ji1 ba1): Dick.

No comments: