Thursday, March 28, 2013

危险关系

"Dangerous Chinese Liaisons"


Dear China:

I watched this new movie you put out last year. It's an old story, done many many times before so obviously I wasn't expecting anything surprising or original. I watched it because I love you, end of story.

Even though it was visually appealing and one can tell you spent a lot of money on it, unfortunately it was dull as fuck. I'm sorry China, you failed.

Zhang Ziyi playing an idiotic woman's role is really a waste, but she's a good actress, she kinda nailed the part, the epitome of annoying. The main actor, what's his face? Turns out he's Korean. Well, one can never tell because China, even though you think you're hiding their accents, dubbing your own actors is very tasteless. You spend all this money on fancy sets and all, you could just as easily afford some decent microphones so you won't have to rerecord the audio and mismatch it to the actual film.

For yes, we can tell when the lines and their lips aren't synchronised.

And I could have sworn the soundtrack was recycled. I'm sure I've heard the same songs in some other movie. I'll find out soon enough. Bad China, bad.

Now, Cecilia Cheung... wow. And I thought she wouldn't make a real comeback after the sex scandal! Kudos! I liked even more than Glenn Close! And by god if she isn't cute as a button and evil as fuck.

And whooo is that hunk who played the young artist? My, my, if it wasn't a nice surprise.

All in all, dear China, don't recycle stories. I'm quite sure you can come up with something original on your own, and if you put in as much effort as you did in this film, you'll do great!

Oh and one last thing, I know you're seriously into the kind of tragic true love scenes that call for the death of one of the lovers in the other's arms.

Cut it out. It's seriously annoying. 

Sincerely yours,
L.

No comments: