Sunday, May 26, 2013

A little bit of this...

And a little bit of that. 

Alright, so I've been in Doha, Qatar for almost a month now. We weren't supposed to stay for longer than two weeks, since we were only waiting for our residence permits in order to apply for our Chinese visas and haul ass straight back to Shanghai. 

But that hasn't happened yet. Excuse my French but they are ridiculously anal concerning the paperwork that needs to be submitted. I mean, I'm 26 years old and they demanded the original, English and Arabic translations of my parents' divorce certificate where it should clearly state that my dad has my custody. What the hell, right? That custody stopped existing the moment I turned 18 years of age. Of course, I'm blaming it on the fact that divorces aren't a common sight in the muslim world. At least I hope so, for I'd never in my life felt more judged and pitied for being a divorce child. Not even when my parents actually divorced a good 15 years ago... I couldn't stop laughing though, when they dragged us to the office of I'm guessing the man in charge of all this nonsense and he pointedly asked us "Who is your father?" I mean you gotta laugh. 

But enough of that. I'll blog a little about Doha itself. It's annnnn interesting place, to say the least. 

Like I've mentioned before, it's beige and sandy. It really, really is. All buildings are the same colour except for the skyscrapers, for yes, there are skyscrapers on the other side of the river, god, the water is damn beautiful, and guess what? It's the goddamn Persian Gulf. Never in my life I imagined I'd one day go swimming in the waters of the Persian Gulf. Teh. Hell. 

So anyways, my dad lives here. When he's not flying somewhere he takes us in his car to ride around the city at night because it's fucking nice. I knew I was a city person after a couple of months of living in Corsica because I missed seeing tall buildings. I missed the city lights at night and the noise of bikes and terribly loud engines. Well, they've got all that here in Doha. Just a few nights ago we went out to dinner and on our way back home, about 10 bikes surrounded the car at a stop light and the leader was riding the biggest most bitchin' pink bike I've ever seen. I tried to snap a picture as fast as I could but I only managed a quick one right before they speed off at a thousand miles per hour on their back wheel. Bad asses they were. 
I know it doesn't look like a big bad ass bike but I promise you, O brothers, it was a sight. And because they were all wearing helmets, I silently nursed a crush for each and every single one of them. Because of the helmets, of course. I recently discovered I have a thing for helmets. And masks. (Hellooo, Darth Vader)
Our first week here was quite uneventful, our dad was out a lot so we were just hanging out at the hotel villa place where his apartment's at. They've got a nice gym and a swimming pool so we weren't doing much touring around. I mean of course we went to the first mall we set our eyes on and made a bee line straight for the cinema because after what happened in Paris, I was seriously dying to watch Iron Man 3. They had nachos! Haha. 

Alright, on to the prettier sights. There's this building, not especially tall but ridiculously beautiful. I'm not quire sure how to describe it. Imagine a penis. Alright, breathe, read on. Imagine a penis made of glass. Now imagine a pickelhaube, you know, one of those round helmets with a pointy spike, like from the Prussian army. Alright, so now imagine a giant yielding arabesque metal plate. Now put them together. What do you get? Why, what else? One of the most beautiful buildings ever created! 
It's like it has no walls. I mean, quite literally, it has no walls. The interior is completely made of glass, while the outer 'walls' are made of a giant metal arabesque pattern that lights up at night. It is by far my favorite building in Doha, quite possibly in the entire world. (And there are some beautiful buildings in Shanghai, mind you.) I have no idea what it's called and I've no idea what's inside but I want it. I want it. I want it. It's only worth it at night though, when it lights up. During the day you can barely tell since it's more difficult to peek inside. It's like lace. That's it! It's like a giant penis covered in iron lace. 

I know how that sounds, thank you very much. I've been reading way way to many Vegeta lemons. Seriously though, I've come across some fantastic lines. Whether or not I'll adapt them as pick-up lines, only time will tell. Like this one, check it: "She climaxed just as many times as bad erotica claimed a woman could, smack in the face of impending doom." I mean, come on if that isn't one of the most disturbingly awesome lines in fanfiction history! (How to Make Love to a Saiyan, by Caprice, ff.net profile) 

Ahh, okay then. I'm gonna go hit the pool. I'll end this post with a crappy picture of a beautiful sight. The Corniche at night. Gawd, that rhymed. 


No comments: